ATI Security Miami Beach Coral Gables
IP cameras or network cameras The acronym IP means Internet Protocol, that means that these cameras transmit the images through an internal network (intranet) or over the internet, without the need of a computer in between, since they are a computer and can process, compress and send the videos themselves. The advantage of working with IP cameras is that we can see the images from anywhere on the planet, through any device that allows it, such as a computer, a mobile phone, a tablet, … So we can see what happens in our house when we are outside for vacations, in our offices when we are not or what we want. ATI Security Miami Beach Coral Gables.
April camera incorporating its own computer, IP cameras can have many programming possibilities and other functions. Among these functions, we find, for example, the activation by movement. This means that they are off or stand-by and they do not record any images, but when their sensors detect any movement in front of them, they activate and resume video recording. ATI Security Miami Beach Coral Gables.
They can also be controlled remotely to point to specific areas or areas, zoom, or program them to perform a sequence of predetermined movements, so they are very suitable for surveillance with cameras (video surveillance. ATI Security Miami Beach Coral Gables.
Consult models from the simplest to the most complex and with more capabilities, see the prices of IP cameras in the following link: Prices and models. ATI Security Miami Beach Coral Gables.
High quality megapixel lens
This IP camera is equipped with a 4 mm lens that, together with its 1/4 “CMOS sensor, ensures a high image quality so that you can observe in detail what happens in your home or business from anywhere. This camera has a 72º angle of view, which translates into a large surface that can be monitored. ATI Security Miami Beach Coral Gables.
Real motion sensor
This IP camera has a motion PIR sensor, much more accurate and reliable than digital motion detectors, because it detects the heat sources of the bodies it observes, instead analyzing the movement in the image by a massive change of pixels (which can occur for example with a change in lighting), greatly reducing the number of false alarms and alerting you only when there is actually moving in the image. ATI Security Miami Beach Coral Gables.
Video recording on SD card
The Wi-Fi IP camera includes a free 8 GB microSD card where you can store the videos you get so you can review any incident that may have occurred while you were away, as well as being able to see them on your mobile, tablet or computer in real time. ATI Security Miami Beach Coral Gables.
What you need to know to install an IP camera
Having your home or business monitored every time becomes more important. To observe your house when you are not, to see the baby when he sleeps, to control the worker in the business, etc. It is also a perfect complement to your alarm, which you may have in your home or business without paying any monthly fee. That’s why many camera dome and amazon opt for buying and installing a WiFi IP camera and doing it themselves. But sometimes it may not be as easy as it seems.
There are thousands of different IP cameras in the market. If you are thinking about acquiring one and you do not know which, I encourage you to read the post about the Top 10 IP cameras for 2018. Obviously, I will not be able to indicate how to install one in particular, but the truth is that they all work similarly and the configuration is very similar. Probably there will be important variations in the use of it, as well as features of the app you may have, etc. You only need a screwdriver and a drill. But…
How to install an ip camera?
To begin with, I am going to classify them into two sections:
Cameras without wizard quick setup: these are ip cameras that require some configuration, and can go from something very simple to something quite complicated. It is usually configured by entering the IP address of the camera in the browser. What is the configuration of the network is what can give head feeders? If you do not have much idea I do a mini-course-super-basic at the end of this post. ATI Security Miami Beach Coral Gables.
Cameras with wizard quick setup: These are cameras that are spreading more and more. They are sold as Plug and Play and simply connect the camera to the current and follow the steps indicated in an app provided by the manufacturer, or following the translated manual of Chinese, usually very brief. It is the best option if you do not have much idea of computers, networks, or if you do not want to complicate your life. ATI Security Miami Beach Coral Gables.
Be that as it may, the steps to follow:
- Decide well the location of it. Be sure of the opening that has the objective (if you have 60, 80 or 180 to give an example). If you’re not sure, I recommend you try it before putting it in the final place. Normally based on this you will decide on the next point. Remember that you will need electrical power nearby. And also look closely at the mobility of the camera lens itself. WiFi cameras like the SriCam only allow you to move the lens in one direction, which is very “damn” to install correctly. ATI Security Miami Beach Coral Gables.
- Decide if you are going to connect it by cable or WiFi. This will vary aspects of the configuration and may affect the security of the same, as well as the reliability. Obviously, it is more reliable to have it connected by cable directly to the router than to have it via WiFi. The wireless signals have failures from time to time, may cause you to be out of connection for a while or, in the worst case, you have to restart the WiFi hotspot and the IP camera. If you are going to connect it wirelessly via WiFi, make sure you have a good signal at the installation location. ATI Security Miami Beach Coral Gables.
- In case you decide to connect it by cable, connect it and you can continue to step 5. ATI Security Miami Beach Coral Gables.
- However, you will make the connection via WiFi, I recommend you connect it first by network cable to make the necessary configurations. ATI Security Miami Beach Coral Gables.
- Find thIP address. This step will not normally be necessary in case of cameras that have “Wizard” through an app. Many of the IP cameras on the market bring an IP address by default. See in the manual what it is (eg 192.168.0.50). If you do not have any you will have to look for it. I quite use an App on the smartphone called Fing that scans all devices on the network; in this way, you find the IP that the camera has in a heartbeat. Entering that IP address in the address bar of the browser will allow you to access the configuration page of it. ATI Security Miami Beach Coral Gables.
Now comes the configuration part:
- Change the administrator password. The accesses to said cameras have a predetermined access with predefined user and password. NEVER LEAVE THE FACTORY PASSWORD. Change the password! It would not be the first time that they “hacked” the IP camera for not changing the password. ATI Security Miami Beach Coral Gables.
- Set the date and time, as well as the summertime if you are in Spain (DST). In Spain, we are in the GMT + 1 and with summertime activated – the last Sunday of March at 02:00 an hour increases, and the last Sunday of October at 03:00 an hour is subtracted. This way you will always have the correct and updated time. ATI Security Miami Beach Coral Gables.
- If you are going to install the camera via WiFi, configure your network. Normally there is a section of network configuration and WiFi. Simply select the WiFi network and enter the password. Once done, save the configuration and disconnect the network cable. Make sure it works well before leaving it in the final place. ATI Security Miami Beach Coral Gables.
- Format the memory card. Surely your IP camera will have a slot for an SD or microSD card. Format it to work well inside the camera. Surely there will be a section of storage or multimedia where you can make this configuration. ATI Security Miami Beach Coral Gables.
- Sets the recording mode. You can indicate to the camera if you want to record 24h, at a certain time, by motion detection or manual mode. This will greatly affect the amount of space the recordings will occupy on the memory card. ATI Security Miami Beach Coral Gables.
- Configure notifications This is the part that can take more complication in some models. New cameras already have PUSH notification through their own APP. You may need to register the camera through the serial number for this to work. You can indicate if you want to receive notification to the APP or email. In older models, this does not exist, which means that you will have to set up your own email account to send you emails. I can not cover this section here since it depends a lot on the camera and the manufacturer itself. If you have any questions ask me and I will gladly help you. ATI Security Miami Beach Coral Gables.
Five surveillance systems for your house
A secret key activates or deactivates our alarm. The arrival of summer means a constant coming and going of people who seek to escape from routine and enjoy a well-deserved vacation. An exodus that often means leaving our house completely uninhabited.
This fact is not unknown for collectives and criminal gangs that take advantage of this period of the year to usurp our home. For this reason, it is convenient to know first hand what are the latest surveillance systems in the market to avoid scares after the holidays.
Knowing which is the most suitable system is one of the questions we ask ourselves before hiring any service. The reality is that this decision will depend, in addition to the budget that we have, of what characteristics our property gathers. ATI Security Miami Beach Coral Gables
It is one of the most recurrent options, although in the middle of the technological era it has long ceased to be the most demanded. Generally, it is characterized by the integration of a steel sheet that gives the door greater strength and consistency. To increase the security of this system you can also go to the armored doors. ATI Security Miami Beach Coral Gables
Through an infrared detection system, alarm of any strange presence in an enclosure. The most sophisticated are immune to pets. ATI Security Miami Beach Coral Gables
It is a camcorder that is activated at the moment it detects movement. At that moment, he sends an alarm to the central office in charge of receiving the warning, which he will later inform the police. ATI Security Miami Beach Coral Gables
When a stranger accesses the area surrounding our home, the system will send an acoustic signal to the security center. ATI Security Miami Beach Coral Gables
Miami Beach • Miami Gardens •