PERSONAL GPS TRACKER FOR CAR MIAMI BEACH CORAL GABLES
There are several reasons you might want to know the exact whereabouts and traveling conditions of your vehicle. Maybe you’re keeping very tidy maintenance records and you want to be able to reference the performance history. If you live in an area where car theft is high, you might install one on the off chance your car is stolen, so you can track it to its exact location. Perhaps you manage a small fleet of vehicles as a landscaper, for example. If you’re a driver for Uber or Lyft, maybe you want to keep your own records of your fares. Far and away the most popular reason for investing in a GPS car tracking device is that you are the parent of a freshly-minted driver. Teenagers, as new drivers, might report that they’re being safe at all times in your (or even their own) car, but we’ve all been that age once and we know it isn’t true. I know I was very unkind to my first car and I’m sure my mother would be horrified to know the details. I survived without any major incidents, but that doesn’t make it okay. The modules can give you piece of mind when your child is driving without you. PERSONAL GPS TRACKER FOR CAR MIAMI BEACH CORAL GABLES
These devices either attach somewhere in the car or connect to the sixteen-pin, OBDII diagnostic port we discussed in our post on car code readers. In one form or another, all require a monthly subscription to support the cellular network data that beams vital statistics to your smartphone, tablet, or computer so you have real-time data on where your car is being driven and how. Some feature maintenance reminders and engine trouble code readers, as well, expanding their use. PERSONAL GPS TRACKER FOR CAR MIAMI BEACH CORAL GABLES
The point of these really isn’t to spy on your teenaged driver, but to help train them to be the best operators they can. Valuable insight can be gained from how they drove on a certain stretch of road that will make them into more aware, better prepared drivers, which will help them avoid accidents in the future. For fleet maintenance, this kind of logistics detail can mean big savings in terms of route planning, vehicle upkeep, and overall strategy. They can also be helpful in the event of a crash as proof of speed, amongst other things. PERSONAL GPS TRACKER FOR CAR MIAMI BEACH CORAL GABLES
If you’re looking to record the exact whereabouts and condition of your car at all times, consider our list of the top ten best GPS tracking devices for cars. PERSONAL GPS TRACKER FOR CAR MIAMI BEACH CORAL GABLES
- Zubie GL500C12M 3G Consumer Connected Car Service with 3G Always-On GPS Tracking Personal GPS Tracker: First mentioned in our best gifts for car guys post, the Zubie is focused on new driver training. Safe driving monitoring includes alerts for excessive speed compared to posted limits, hard braking and acceleration, and, of course, real-time GPS tracking. There’s also a featured called Fuel Finder that will locate the cheapest fuel near you. It will send you alerts for check engine lights, worn batteries, oil changes, and low fuel. You can also integrate it with Amazon Echo so you can ask it where your car is at any given time. PERSONAL GPS TRACKER FOR CAR MIAMI BEACH CORAL GABLES
- Easy setup
- Ability to set up alerts to and from common places
- Maintenance alerts
- Monthly driving reports
- User agreement may give them permission to share data with third parties (possibly a concern for any such device)
- Frequent app updates may be buggy
- No easy way to view data on a computer
- Spy Tec STI_GL300 Mini Portable Real Time GPS Tracker Personal GPS Tracker: While we don’t condone spying of any kind, as long as you’re using these modules on your own car for the purposes of safety, the “spy” angle is really just a name. This mini module doesn’t require being plugged into the OBDII serial port in your car, so if you must hide it (from your teenager, for example), you can. The battery will last for up to two week and offers up-to-the minute tracking. The accelerometer inside detects motion and will only power the device on when moving. You can setup geo-fenced areas and receive alerts when your vehicle enters or exits that area. Up to one year’s worth of data is backed up to a cloud service.
- Battery-powered — two-week life
- Tracking platform works on any device (website based)
- One year of data stored in the cloud
- Real-time tracking and accelerometer-based motion detection
- Somewhat expensive monthly subscription
- Accuracy limited to the accuracy of GPS generally
- Data updates are a little glitchy
- No dedicated mobile app
- Optimus Real Time GPS Tracker Personal GPS Tracker: Utilizing a very similar GL300-style tracker from the option above, Optimus have created a dedicated app for managing the data the tracker creates. Unlike the one above, this one claims to be able to send alerts for speeding, in addition to geo-fencing, battery status, and panic.
There’s a version of the app for both iPhone and Android, so you don’t need to worry too much about the device. While you’re subscribed, your saved data history is unlimited so you can compare trends and rectify issues over time. They make a magnetic waterproof case for it, which is highly recommended.
Battery-powered — two-week life
Unlimited historical data while subscribed
Good customer service
Some tracking delays
Only transmits data in areas with cellular coverage
Not ideal for constant fleet tracking
May need to be reset regularly to work properly
- MOTOsafety OBD Teen Driving Coach Vehicle Monitoring System Personal GPS Tracker: Taking the driver education approach over the spy route, this is a serial port tracker that gives you finite details over what’s happening to your car and when. There are report cards and a coaching program to help train new drivers and identify bad habits.
It offers geo-fencing, of course, but also allows you to set up curfew hours that will alert you when the car is being driven at certain off-limits times. When you review the route taken, you’ll see spots where unsafe driving occurred, so you can review with your teen. Otherwise, it’s just a good GPS tracker with enhanced car information and is one of the cheaper options for that purpose.
Tracking for location, direction, speed, traffic, and others
Complete teen driving education course, including scores for hard braking and other bad habits
Acceleration alerts are very sensitive
Notifications sent via SMS
Speed limit notifications are difficult to set correctly and make useful
App may be relatively limited in function
- Vectu Portable Vehicle Tracker Personal GPS Tracker: Another battery-powered unit, the strength of this one is the subscription cost. At only $15 per quarter or $50 prepaid per year, it’s significantly cheaper than a lot of options on the market. The price of the unit itself is somewhere in the middle of the range.
It utilizes the myApsenta app on both iOS and Android, and offers standard notifications, either in-app or via SMS for things like geo-fence and unauthorized movement. It also comes in three colors — blue, grey, and white — so you can color code which device is for which vehicle. You do still get a history report, though it’s limited to 90 days.
Cheaper subscription plan
Works with myAspenta iOS and Android app
Arm feature alerts you when vehicle moves from a specified area
GPS & GSM enabled
Works better when device has clear view to the sky, so hiding it may be tough
If device stops working, you may need to update firmware without warning
History limited to 90 days
Takes six hours to recharge
¿WHY TO LOOK FOR A PERSONAL GPS TRACKER FOR CAR IN MIAMI?
Miami is a major port city on the Atlantic coast of south Florida in the southeastern United States. As the seat of Miami-Dade County, the municipality is the principal, central, and the most populous city of the Miami metropolitan area and part of the second-most populous metropolis in the southeastern United States. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, Miami’s metro area is the eighth-most populous and fourth-largest urban area in the U.S., with a population of around 5.5 million.
Miami is a major center, and a leader in finance, commerce, culture, media, entertainment, the arts, and international trade. In 2012, Miami was classified as an Alpha−World City in the World Cities Study Group’s inventory. In 2010, Miami ranked seventh in the United States and 33rd among global cities in terms of business activity, human capital, information exchange, cultural experience, and political engagement.
In 2008, Forbes magazine ranked Miami “America’s Cleanest City”, for its year-round good air quality, vast green spaces, clean drinking water, clean streets, and citywide recycling programs. According to a 2009 UBS study of 73 world cities, Miami was ranked as the richest city in the United States, and the world’s seventh-richest city in terms of purchasing power. Miami is nicknamed the “Capital of Latin America” and is the largest city with a Cuban-American plurality.
Miami has the third tallest skyline in the U.S. with over 300 high-rises. Downtown Miami is home to the largest concentration of international banks in the United States, and many large national and international companies.
The Civic Center is a major center for hospitals, research institutes, medical centers, and biotechnology industries. For more than two decades, the Port of Miami, known as the “Cruise Capital of the World”, has been the number one cruise passenger port in the world. It accommodates some of the world’s largest cruise ships and operations, and is the busiest port in both passenger traffic and cruise lines.
Metropolitan Miami is a major tourism hub in the American South for international visitors, ranking number two in the U.S. after New York City.
¿WHY TO LOOK FOR A PERSONAL GPS TRACKER IN CORAL GABLES?
Dubbed “The City Beautiful,” Coral Gables is known for its tree-lined boulevards, ivy-covered mansions and historical landmarks such as the world-famous Biltmore Hotel and the Venetian Pool, both built in the 1920s. Coral Gables is located adjacent to Miami, putting it within easy reach of the Port of Miami, Miami International Airport, Miami Beach and other destinations. Within Coral Gables, one finds the shopping and dining paradise of the “Miracle Mile,” the Fairchild Tropical Botanical Garden and many other attractions. In addition, the University of Miami is based in Coral Gables. PERSONAL GPS TRACKER FOR CAR MIAMI BEACH CORAL GABLES
Coral Gables, officially the City of Coral Gables, is a city in Miami-Dade County, Florida, United States, located southwest of Downtown Miami. The United States Census Bureau estimates conducted in 2013 yielded the city had a population of 49,631. Coral Gables is home to the University of Miami. PERSONAL GPS TRACKER FOR CAR MIAMI BEACH CORAL GABLES
Today, Coral Gables remains one of Miami’s most sought-after destinations. It’s home to the first art museum in South Florida, along with Venetian Pool, Actors’ Playhouse, and the iconic Biltmore Hotel. The city also boasts the flagship of South Florida’s beloved bookseller, Books & Books, which features hundreds of author events throughout the year. As for dining, hundreds of eateries offer a range of cuisine and experiences, from fine dining to New American and fast-casual. PERSONAL GPS TRACKER FOR CAR MIAMI BEACH CORAL GABLES
Also Coral Gables, is a quiet, lovely neighborhood of Mediterranean Revival homes that was originally developed by George Merrick in 1925. Merrick also established a very luxurious hotel – The Biltmore – in the area. The streets, largely residential, are adorned with classy fountains, such as De Soto Boulevard’s Venetian fountain. PERSONAL GPS TRACKER FOR CAR MIAMI BEACH CORAL GABLES
Miami Beach • Miami Gardens Av