How to detect bugging devices Miami Beach Coral Gables
How to detect bugging devices Miami Beach Coral Gables ?
How to detect bugging devices Miami Beach Coral Gables, There are many reasons why you could have bugs or listening devices. If you occupy a sensitive position in a government or corporate office, spies might want to pick up on what you do. If you are embroiled in a legal dispute, others may wish to tap your phones to get evidence for a court case. Whatever the reason, it is a good idea to know how to detect bugs and listening devices in your home or office. How to detect bugging devices
Listen to Your Phone and TV. Detect bugging devices Miami Beach Coral Gables.
There are several tell-tale signs that you may have a bug or listening devices installed on your phone. If your telephone exhibits change in volume, odd noises, popping sounds or high-pitched beeps, even if it is hung up, you may have a bug. Your television may also be affected by the presence of surveillance devices and exhibit odd static or interference on certain channels.
Red Flags. Detect bugging devices Miami Beach Coral Gables.
Common red flags for bugs and listening devices include discoloration in your interior walls and ceilings, furniture out of place or drywall debris on the floor, a bug may have been planted. Other red flags include receiving gifts from competitors or anonymously or strange, unmarked vans outside or near your house. If you don’t remember scheduling a repair service but have repairs done to your home, check to make sure that they didn’t install a bug. How to detect bugging devices
Amateur Radio Transmitter Investigation. Detect bugging devices Miami Beach Coral Gables.
Most bugs are equipped with radio transmitters, so you will want to purchase a radio receiver to detect radio frequencies and hook it up to noise-canceling headphones. Go through the frequencies and if you detect excessive distortion on a channel, you may be near a radio transmitter device. Scanning your home or office with a police scanner may also be a good option for detecting radio transmitters. Use a stud finder to make sure that frequency distortions aren’t due to wiring on your walls.
Infrared Bug Detection. Detect bugging devices Miami Beach Coral Gables.
Bugs release heat that may be detected with infrared photography or viewing devices. They are especially effective if you use an ice pack or fire extinguisher to cool your wall down prior to infrared detection. How to detect bugging devices
Commercial Bug Detection Kits. Detect bugging devices Miami Beach Coral Gables.
Commercial detectors are available for purchase online or in specialty stores if you are convinced that your home or office is bugged. They will often vibrate rather than beep to indicate that a bug is present so as not to indicate to your eavesdropper that you’ve discovered their bugs or listening devices.
A reputable TSCM (Technical Surveillance Counter-Measures) specialist will tell you that most wiretaps and bugs in homes can be found with only a visual inspection.
The key is to know what to look for. On the Internet or in a spy shop, you can find a wide array of eavesdropping devices.
Wiretaps and Bugs. Detect bugging devices Miami Beach Coral Gables.
A “wiretap” is a device attached to the telephone or telephone line that either record both sides of the conversation, or transmits the conversation to a listening post, where it can be recorded. A wiretap always involves the telephone. How to detect bugging devices
A “bug” is a listening device placed in a room or vehicle. One of a bug’s components is a microphone. The microphones in these devices are usually very small. Some bugs transmit their signal to an external listening post. Video cameras can also be a type of bug.
Video Cameras. Detect bugging devices Miami Beach Coral Gables
Video cameras can be as small as a dime, but you usually do not see the actual camera. What you see is the lens or the hole it sees through. The lens can be as small as 1/16th of an inch. Most wireless cameras are powered by a 9-volt battery, so the battery is often larger than the camera. While some cameras can easily be found, others are so cleverly hidden that they can only be found via a thorough search. They are often found in clock radios (with “night vision” on video cameras you can actually see the hidden camera in clock radios), lamps, plants, smoke detectors, books, stuffed animals, etc. How to detect bugging devices
Although video cameras can be hard-wired, they usually are wireless. They are frequently installed in the bathroom or bedroom. All hidden video cameras have a watching post with a monitor or recorder. If the camera is hard-wired, you can simply follow the wires. Use a flashlight to find hidden video camera lenses. It’s important to hold it between both eyes and look for the reflection off the lens; otherwise, it will be a reflection you don’t observe. How to detect bugging devices
Eavesdropping. Detect bugging devices Miami Beach Coral Gables
Every eavesdropping device have a power source. Wiretaps sometimes use the direct current that is already in the telephone line or sometimes they use a battery as the power source. How to detect bugging devices
Bugs also have a power source. They use either a battery or the house wiring or vehicle wiring. This is why, when checking a vehicle for bugs, always look at the battery first. Any strange wire attached to the battery should be followed.
Knowing that bugs, wiretaps, and GPS units need a power source is very important because you sometimes find the power source before you find the listening devices. Often, such as in a 9-volt battery, the battery is larger than the bug.
When looking for GPS units, search the entire vehicle including the glove compartment, under the dashboard, under the seats, the bumper, under the belly of the car. GPS units are often enclosed in a black plastic box attached by magnets underneath the car.
In homes, most bugging is pretty simplistic. Often, it’s conducted with an inexpensive voice-activated digital recorder (they can be as small as a package of gum). Radio Shack has inexpensive phone recording devices that can be attached to a telephone line and recorder to record both sides of the conversation on any phone in the house that is on the same line.
Some electronic eavesdropping equipment is so simple that it can be put in place in seconds. For instance, a voice-activated recorder can be dropped in a plant or behind furniture. Then, the next time your ex-spouse picks up the kids for his visitation, he can quickly retrieve it.
Inspect toys such as Teddy bears that your spouse bought for your children. They may contain a bug.
Look for Bugs and wiretaps accounted cell phones. Cell phones are the biggest bugging devices used today. You can purchase them on the Internet for a few hundred dollars. They do not ring when they are called. The caller can then listen in to all the sounds in the room. They, too, can be placed anywhere. If you find one, remove the battery.
Carefully follow all telephone lines to see if you find anything suspicious. If you see a splice on the telephone line, replace it.
Take apart your telephone. Bugs are usually accompanied by sloppy wiring or alligator clips attached to two wires.
Remember, phone splitters can have a transmitter. If you didn’t buy something that is electronic, and you don’t need it, dispose of it.
Look around the entire house including the outside. Look for two wires (they may appear as one) going from the interface box (it’s usually a gray plastic box) outside your home to the ground (it may be a buried recorder). Any wires, except the single grounding wire, going from the interface box to the ground is suspect.
It is illegal to install eavesdropping devices in every jurisdiction in the United States. To report it to the authorities you have to actually locate the devices. People have the mistaken idea that the FBI or police will send someone out to do a bug sweep. They will not.
Are You a Potential Target? Detect bugging devices Miami Beach Coral Gables
- If Eavesdropping On Anything You Say, Write, Or Do Could Increase Someone Else’s Wealth or Influence, Then The Answer Is Yes, You Are a Potential Target. Detect bugging devices Miami Beach Coral Gables.
- Others Know Your Confidential Business or Professional Trade Secrets. Detect bugging devices Miami Beach Coral Gables.
This is the most obvious indicator of covert eavesdropping activities. Theft of confidential information is a multi-billion-dollar underground industry in the United States. Often the loss of your secrets will show up in very subtle ways so you should always trust your instincts in this matter. When your competitors, associates or co-workers know things that are obviously private, or the media finds out about things they should not know, then it is reasonable to suspect technical eavesdropping or bugging.
- Secret Meetings and Bids Seem to Be Less Than Secret. Detect bugging devices Miami Beach Coral Gables.
Confidential meetings and bids are very popular targets for corporate spies. How would you like the plans for the corporate takeovers you’re planning to become public knowledge? Would copies of your product designs be of any use to your competitors? Would it be beneficial for your competitors to know how much you’re quoting for the same project?
- People Seem to Know Your Activities When They Shouldn’t. Detect bugging devices Miami Beach Coral Gables.
- You Have Noticed Strange Sounds or Volume Changes On Your Phone Lines. Detect bugging devices Miami Beach Coral Gables.
This is commonly caused by an amateur eavesdropper when they attach a wiretap or activate similar listening devices. Surveillance devices often cause slight anomalies on the telephone line such as volume shift or drop-out. Professional eavesdroppers and their equipment usually do not make such noises; so if this is going on it could indicate that an amateur eavesdropper is listening in. On the other hand, you could simply be experiencing a flaw in the line, but you should check it out.
- You Have Noticed Static, Popping, Or Scratching On Your Phone Lines. Detect bugging devices Miami Beach Coral Gables.
This is caused by the capacitive discharge which occurs when two conductors are connected together (such as a bug or wiretap on a phone line). This is also a sign that an amateur eavesdropper or poorly trained spy is playing with your phone lines. It could be nothing more than a problem with your phone line or instrument. However, it should be checked out by using one of our RF Detectors.
RF SIGNAL DETECTOR (FREQUENCY COUNTER). Detect bugging devices Miami Beach Coral Gables.
- Sounds Are Coming from Your Phones Handset When It’s Hung Up. Detect bugging devices Miami Beach Coral Gables.
This is often caused by a hook switch bypass, which turns the telephone receiver into an eavesdropping microphone (and also a speaker). There is probably somebody listening to everything you say or do within twenty feet of the telephone (if this is happening). How to detect bugging devices
- Your Phone Often Rings and Nobody Is There, Or A Very Faint Tone or High-Pitched Squeal/Beep Is Heard for A Fraction of a Second. Detect bugging devices Miami Beach Coral Gables.
This is an indicator of slave devices, or line extender being used on your phone line. This is also a key indicator of a harmonica bug, or infinity transmitter being used. Of course, it may also be nothing more than a fax machine or modem calling the wrong number. However, using one of our Telephone Line Analyzers. should check it out. How to detect bugging devices
TELEPHONE ANALYZER/TAP DEACTIVATOR (PROFESSIONAL). Detect bugging devices Miami Beach Coral Gables.
- You Can Hear a Tone On Your Line When Your Phone Is On the Hook (By Using an External Amplifier). Detect bugging devices Miami Beach Coral Gables.
- Your AM/FM Radio Has Suddenly Developed Strange Interference. Detect bugging devices Miami Beach Coral Gables.
Many amateur and spy shop eavesdropping devices use frequencies within or just outside the FM radio band, these signals tend to drift and will “quiet” an FM radio in the vicinity of the bug. Look for the transmissions at far ends of the FM radio band, and at any quiet area within the FM band. If the radio begins to squeal, then slowly move it around the room until the sound become very high pitched. This is referred to as feedback detection or loop detection and will often locate the bug. The “stereo” function should be turned off so the radio is operating in “mono” as this will provide a serious increase in sensitivity. If you find a “squealer” in this manner, then immediately Contact us!
- Your Car Radio Suddenly Starts “Getting Weird” Detect bugging devices Miami Beach Coral Gables.
WIRELESS / WIRED HIDDEN CAMERA FINDER III Detect bugging devices Miami Beach Coral Gables.
Keep in mind that the antenna your car radio uses may be (and often is) exploited by an eavesdropper and that such usage may interfere with radio reception (so be concerned if your automobile radio suddenly starts getting weird).
- Your Television Has Suddenly Developed Strange Interference. Detect bugging devices Miami Beach Coral Gables.
Television broadcast frequencies are often used to cloak an eavesdropping signal, but such devices also tend to interfere with television reception (usually a UHF channel). Televisions also “suck in” a lot of RF energy and because of this are very sensitive to any nearby transmitters (this is technically called “Bandwidth, and TV signals use a lot of it). Contact us! asap!
- You have been the victim of a burglary, but nothing was taken. Detect bugging devices Miami Beach Coral Gables.
Professional eavesdroppers often break into target’s home or office, and very rarely leave direct evidence of the break-in; however, occupants of the premises will often “pick up on something not being right” such as the furniture being moved slightly.
- Electrical Wall Plates Appear to Have Been Moved Slightly or “Jarred”. Detect bugging devices Miami Beach Coral Gables.
One of the most popular locations to hide eavesdropping devices is inside, or behind electrical outlets, switches, smoke alarms, and lighting fixtures. This requires that the wall plates be removed. Look for small amounts of debris located on the floor directly below the electrical outlet. Also, watch for slight variations in the color or appearance of the power outlets and/or light switches as these are often swapped out by an eavesdropper. Also, note if any of the screws which hold the wall plate against the wall have been moved from their previous position.
- A Dime-Sized Discoloration Has Suddenly Appeared On the Wall or Ceiling. Detect bugging devices Miami Beach Coral Gables.
WIRELESS CAMERA FINDER. Detect bugging devices Miami Beach Coral Gables
This is a telltale sign that a pinhole microphone or small covert video camera has been recently installed.
- One of Your Vendors Just Gave You Any Type of Electronic Devices Such as A Desk Radio, Alarm Clock, Lamp, Small TV, Boom Box, CD Player, And So On. Detect bugging devices Miami Beach Coral Gables.
Many of these “gifts” are actually Trojan horses which contain eavesdropping devices. Be very suspicious of any kind of pen, marker, briefcase, calculator, “post-it” dispenser, power adapter, pager, cell phone, cordless phone, clock, radio, lamp, and so on that is given as a gift. That little gift the salesman left for you may be a serious hazard.
- A Small Bump or Deformation Has Appeared On the Vinyl Baseboard Near the Floor. Detect bugging devices Miami Beach Coral Gables.
A Strong indicator that someone may have concealed covert wiring or a microphone embedded into the adhesive which holds the molding to the wall. Such deformation will often appear as a color shift or lightening of the color.
- The Smoke Detector, Clock, Lamp, Or Exit Sign in Your Office or Home Looks Slightly Crooked, Has A Small Hole in The Surface, Or Has a Quasi-Reflective Surface. Detect bugging devices Miami Beach Coral Gables. Detect bugging devices Miami Beach Coral Gables.
These items are very popular concealment for covert eavesdropping devices. Often when these devices are installed at a target location they are rarely installed without small telltale clues.
- Certain Types of Items Have “Just Appeared” In Your Office or Home, But Nobody Seems to Know How They Got There. Detect bugging devices Miami Beach Coral Gables.
Typical Items to Watch for and Be Aware of Are: Clocks, Exit Signs, Sprinkler Heads, Radios, Picture Frames, And Lamps.
- White Dry-Wall Dust or Debris Is Noticed On the Floor Next to The Wall. Detect bugging devices Miami Beach Coral Gables.
A sign that a pinhole microphone or video
MAGNETIC, ELECTRIC, RADIO AND MICROWAVE DETECTOR. Detect bugging devices Miami Beach Coral Gables.
The camera may have been installed nearby. It will appear as if someone has dropped a small amount of powdered sugar either on the floor or on the wall.
- You Notice Small Pieces of Ceiling Tiles, Or “Grit” On The Floor, Or On the Surface Area of Your Desk. Also, You May Observe a Cracked, Chipped, Or Gouged Ceiling Tiles, Or Ones That Are Sagging, Or Not Properly Set into The Track. Detect bugging devices Miami Beach Coral Gables.
A prime indicator that a ceiling tile has been moved around, and that someone may have installed a hidden video camera or other eavesdropping devices in your office or near your desk. Also, watch for cracks or chips in the ceiling tiles. Amateur and poorly trained spies tend to crack or damage acoustical tiles. The ceiling tiles in any executive areas should never contain any cracks, nicks, gouges, or stains. Any ceiling tile that becomes damaged (for whatever reason) should immediately be replaced and the cause of the damage documented.
- You Notice That “Phone Company” Trucks and Utilities Workers Are Spending a Lot of Time Near Your Home or Office Doing Repair Work. Detect bugging devices Miami Beach Coral Gables.
If you see the same or similar vehicles more than three times, then you may have a serious problem (at least according to the U.S. State Department training course on counter surveillance).
PRO-DTECH FREQUENCY DETECTOR. Detect bugging devices Miami Beach Coral Gables
- Telephone, Cable, Plumbing, Or Air Conditioning Repair People Show Up to Do Work When No One Called Them. Detect bugging devices Miami Beach Coral Gables.
A very common ruse which eavesdroppers use to get into a facility is to fake a utility outage, and then show up to fix the problem. While they are fixing “the problem” they are also installing eavesdropping devices. Some of the more popular outages involve power, air conditioning, telephone, and even the occasional false fire alarm.
- Service or Delivery Trucks Are Often Parked Nearby with Nobody (You Can See) In Them. Detect bugging devices Miami Beach Coral Gables.
These vehicles are commonly used as listening posts, be very cautious of any vehicle, which has a ladder or pipe rack on the roof. Also, be wary of any vehicle, which has tinted windows, or an area, which you cannot see, though (like a service van). The listening post vehicle could be any vehicle from a small Geo Tracker, Suburban, Blazer, Trooper, or Cargo Van. Look for any vehicle, which could conceal a person in the back or has tinted windows. Also, keep in mind that the eavesdropper may relocate the vehicle several times, so look around. Typically, eavesdroppers like to get within 500-750 feet from the place or person they are eavesdropping on.
PRO-DTECH II FREQUENCY DETECTOR. detect bugging devices Miami Beach Coral Gables.
- Your Door Locks Suddenly Don’t “Feel Right”, They Suddenly Start to Get “Sticky”, Or They Completely Fail. Detect bugging devices Miami Beach Coral Gables.
Prime evidence that the lock has been picked, manipulated, or bypassed. Try to always use biaxial locks with sidebars (such as ASSA or Medeco). Also, only use double sided deadbolts in all doors, and good quality window bars on all windows, and a good quality door bar on all doors not used as primary entry doors. How to detect bugging devices
- Furniture Has Been Moved Slightly, And No One Knows Why. Detect bugging devices Miami Beach Coral Gables.
COUNTER SURVEILLANCE PROBE / MONITOR. Detect bugging devices Miami Beach Coral Gables.
A very popular location for the installation of eavesdropping devices is either behind or inside furniture (couch, chair, lamp, etc.) People who live or work in a targeted area tend to notice when furnishings have been moved even a fraction of an inch. Pay close attention to the imprint which furniture makes on rugs and the position of lamps shades. Also, watch the distance between furniture and the wall as eavesdroppers are usually in a hurry and rarely put the furniture back in the right place.
- Things “Seem” To Have Been Rummaged Through, But Nothing Is Missing (At Least That You Noticed). Detect bugging devices Miami Beach Coral Gables.
A “less than professional spy” will often rummage through targets home for hours, but very rarely will they do it in a neat and orderly fashion. The most common “rummaging” targets are the backs of desk drawers, the bottom of file cabinets, closets, and dresser drawers.
- An Eavesdropper Sends You A Copy Of Your Private Conversations. Detect bugging devices Miami Beach Coral Gables.
PRO-DTECH III FREQUENCY DETECTOR. Detect bugging devices Miami Beach Coral Gables.
As simple as it seems this is the strongest indicator and solid proof of eavesdropping. An eavesdropper will sometimes send a victim a copy of a private conversation they intercepted in an attempt at blackmail, or in an attempt to terrorize or to just stalk the victim. This is commonly seen in civil lawsuits, criminal court cases, marital problems, shareholder disputes, custody battles, and other situations where one side has a position of weakness and is trying to physiologically undermine their opponent. How to detect bugging devices
When contacting DPL-Surveillance-Equipment.com please remember not to call from any suspect area, do not use your cellular telephone, do not use your cordless phone, and do not use any suspect telephone (instead of a call from a sterile phone somewhere outside the suspect area). How to detect bugging devices
Who Gets Bugged? Detect bugging devices Miami Beach Coral Gables.
High Threat Business Situations when Detect bugging devices Miami Beach Coral Gables.
* Your Company Has Stock, Which Is Publicly Traded (Or Will Be Soon)
* Your Company Is Having Labor Problems, Union Activities, Or Negotiations under bugging.
* Your Company Is Involved In Any Type Of Litigation Or Lawsuit
* Your Company Has Layoffs Pending (Or They Have Just Happened)
* Your Company Is Involved In The Fashion, Automotive, Advertising, Or Marketing Industry.
Anyone can be the target of covert eavesdropping, however; some people are at greater risk than others because of financial position, occupation, legal, or domestic situation.
Block Cell Phone Signals
Mobile-Blok Cloth (Blocks Cell Phone Signals)
* Spouses Bug Each Other On A Regular Basis
* Parents Bug Children
* Businessmen Bug Other Businessmen
* Scientists Bug Other Scientists
* Students Bug Professors
* Attorneys Bug Other Attorneys (And Their Clients)
* Insurance Companies Bug Accident Victims, And Other Claimants
* Construction Companies Bug Other Construction Companies
PRO-DTECH IV FREQUENCY DETECTOR
* Salesmen Bug Clients
* Collection Agencies Bug Debtors
* Police Officers Bug Suspects
* Executive Recruiters Bug Personnel Directors
* Rock Fans Bug Rock Musicians
* Department Stores Bug Customers and Merchandise
Block Cell Phone, RFID, And GPS Tracker Signals
Mobile-Blok Pouch (Block Cell Phone, RFID and GPS Tracker Signals)
The Neighbors, Coworkers, Friends, Enemies, Strangers, Your Spouse, Industrial Spies, Government Agents, Your Insurance Company, Your Boss…
High Threat Personal Situations (When to be seriously concerned)
You (or someone close to you) have been:
* Involved In Any Type Of Litigation Or Lawsuit
* Been Questioned, Arrested Or Arraigned By The Police
* In The Process Of Getting Married, Divorced, Or Separated
* A Minister Or Religious Leader (Ie: Priest, Rabbi, Deacon, Bishop, Elder…)
* Running For Any Type Of Elected Public Office
* Elected To Any Public Office (Ie: Mayor, Selectman, School Principal)
* Executive Or Scientist At Any Large Company
* Recently Filed An Insurance Claim
* Engaging In Political Demonstrations Or Activism
* Employed By A Defense Contractor, Department Of Energy, Etc…
* Private Investigators Have Been “Poking” Around
* You Are In The Upper Income Bracket
MICROWAVE SIGNAL DETECTOR (PROFESSIONAL)
Keep in mind that anybody with Money, Power, Influence, or access to sensitive, classified, or personal information is at serious personal risk.
On a related note: If you work (or have worked) for any kind of military, governmental, law enforcement or judicial agency the possibility of you being targeted for eavesdropping is very high. Such eavesdropping can come from either side of the law and is rarely legal or court sanctioned. How to detect bugging devices
Additionally, people married to, associated with, divorced from, getting divorced from, dating, or getting intimate with a member of law enforcement, private security, PI, or any level of the judicial system should be concerned about illegal eavesdropping (yes, cops love to bug their wives and girlfriends). How to detect bugging devices
High Threat Occupations:
* Police Officer
* Court Clerk
* Elected to Any Public Office
* School Principal
* College Professor
* Product Engineer
* Software Developer
* Executive At Any Large Company
* Scientist At Any Large Company
* Employed By Any Defense Contractor
* Employed By The Department Of Energy
* Any Minister Or Religious Leader (Ie: Deacon, Bishop, Elder…)
* Corporate Buyer Or Purchasing Agent
* Employee Of A Construction Contractor
* Any Type Sales Or Marketing
* Labor Or Union Official
* Personnel Directors. How to detect bugging devices
According to the FBI the following types of businesses are under EXTREME risk and are popular targets of illegal bugging, wiretapping, and similar surveillance:
* Materials: Materials Synthesis And Processing
* Electronic And Photonic Materials
* High-Performance Metals And Alloys
* Flexible Computer-Integrated Manufacturing
* Intelligence Processing Equipment
* Micro- And Nanofabrication
* Systems Management Technologies
Information and Communications:
* Micro And Optoelectronics
* High-Performance Computing And Networking
* High-Definition Imaging And Displays
* Sensors And Signal Processing
* Data Storage And Peripherals
* Computer Simulation And Modeling
Biotechnology and Life Sciences:
* Applied Molecular Biology
* Computational Chemistry
* Medical Technology
* Surface Transportation Technologies
Energy And Environment:
* Energy Technologies
* Pollution Minimization, Remediation, And Waste Management. How to detect bugging devices
Miami Beach • Miami Gardens • Aventura • Coral Gables • Doral • Hialeah • Hialeah Gardens • Homestead • Kendall • Key Biscayne • Miami • Miami Lakes • North Miami • North Miami Beach • Opa-Locka • Palmetto Bay • Pinecrest • Pinecrest / Monroe Couty • South Miami • Miami Beach